Running a Half Marathon in Sydney
Sydney is home to several running events including the "Centennial Park Half-Marathon" in April, the "Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon" in May, and the "Blackmores Half Marathon" in September.
|Click here to check out|
our half marathons' running calendar.
Other half marathons in Australia:
- ACTMA Half Marathon, Canberra (Australian Capital Territory)
- Canberra Half Marathon, Canberra (Australian Capital Territory)
- Sri Chinmoy Half Marathon, Canberra (Australian Capital Territory)
- Adelaide Festival City Half Marathon, Adelaide (South Australia)
- Centennial Park Half-Marathon, Sydney (New South Wales)
- Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon, Sydney (New South Wales)
- Blackmores Half Marathon, Sydney (New South Wales)
- Hunter Valley Winery Half Marathon, Pokolbin (New South Wales)
- Sydney Marathon Clinic Road Race Series, Sydney (New South Wales)
- Mudgee Half Marathon, Mudgee (New South Wales)
- Bathurst Half Marathon, Bathurst (New South Wales)
- ASICS Half Marathon, Gold Coast (Queensland)
- Queensland Half Marathon, Brisbane (Queensland)
- Hamilton Island Hilly Half Marathon, Hamilton Island (Queensland)
- Jetty to Jetty Half Marathon, Redcliffe (Queensland)
- Viridian Noosa Half Marathon, Noosa Heads (Queensland)
- Allez Sport Half Marathon, Mooloolaba (Queensland)
- Wingate Park2Park Half Marathon, Ipswich (Queensland)
- Great Ocean Road International Half Marathon, Apollo Bay (Victoria)
- Westerfolds Park Half Marathon, Templestowe (Victoria)
- Advanced Freight Burnley Half Marathon, Melbourne (Victoria)
- Melbourne Half Marathon, Melbourne (Victoria)
- Run Melbourne Half Marathon, Melbourne (Victoria)
- Sri Chinmoy Como Landing Half Marathon, Melbourne (Victoria)
- Sri Chinmoy Yarra Boulevard Half Marathon, Melbourne (Victoria)
- The Medi Marathon, Half Marathon, Ballarat (Victoria)
- Coburg Half Marathon, Coburg (Victoria)
- Perth City to Surf Half Marathon, Perth (Western Australia)
Sydney is the State capital of New South Wales and the most populous city in Australia. It is located on the continent's south-east coast, on the Tasman Sea. The site of the first British colony in Australia, Sydney was established in 1788 at Sydney Cove by Arthur Phillip, commodore of the First Fleet. The city is built on hills surrounding Port Jackson which is commonly known as Sydney Harbour, where the iconic Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge feature prominently. The hinterland of the metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and the coastal regions feature many bays, rivers, inlets and beaches including the famous Bondi Beach and Manly Beach.
The Sydney region has been inhabited for at least 30,000 years. The traditional indigenous inhabitants of Sydney Cove are the Cadigal people, whose land once stretched from south of Port Jackson to Petersham. Although urbanization has destroyed much evidence of these settlements, a number of Sydney rock engravings, carvings and rock art remain visible in the Hawkesbury sandstone of the Sydney basin.
As a dynamic cultural hub, Sydney has many fine and internationally known museums and galleries, but the city features open spaces and access to waterways, and has many natural areas (botanic gardens and parks), even in the city centre. Within the business district are the Chinese Garden of Friendship, Sydney Park, Hyde Park, The Domain and the Royal Botanic Gardens. The metropolitan area also contains prominent parks and gardens, such as the Auburn Botanical Gardens, and national parks, including the Royal National Park, the second oldest national park in the world, Ku-ring-gai Chase and several parks in Sydney's far west which are part of the World Heritage listed Greater Blue Mountains Area.
JOIN THE WORLDWIDE RUNNING NETWORK
ePodismo.com | WorldwideRunning.com | RunningCalendar.com | HalfMarathon.net | MarathonCoupons.com | RoadRacingStats.com | OlympicGamesMarathon.com | DeadRunnersSociety.com | Ultramaratona.it | VerticalRunning.it | CorrereNelDeserto.com | TuttoMaratona.com | RunningInItaly.com | Run100Days.com | 5kCalendar.com | JohnBingham.com | TeamPenguin.com | CourageToStart.com | PenguinBrigade.com | AccidentalAthlete.com